Monday, September 13, 2010

New poem published

My poem, "Infinitely Annoyed" is now online at Prime Number Magazine, issue 2.5.

The poem makes reference to different orders of infinity (explained beside the poem at Prime Number) and I have Miss Shenuski to thank for this bit of knowledge. She taught math at my high school and was so offended at the idea of working one period each day as hall monitor that she volunteered to teach an extra class instead. For my junior year she taught math electives, including number theory, during lunch hour to six math nerds (who all happened to be debate team nerds as well) in the math lab. We ate bagged lunches while learning things like proof by induction and orders of infinity.

I'm confident Miss Shenuski would have been as annoyed as I was by the guy next to me on the bus. Thanks to her I put my time to productive use composing this poem instead of banging the guy over the head with my backpack.

&&

1 comment:

Elrond Hubbard said...

Wonderful. Congratulations!